Thanks for your input Hiro!

I think you're right, it's not a Finale issue. I seem to have had midi problems ever since they did away with serial ports. When I got my latest computer ( powermac G4 laptop, with no serial ports) I tried to use my Fatar controller with a midiman, midi to usb, and could never get it to work. So I purchased a usb keyboard. (M-Audio Radium 49) on which I do use the power cord and I plug the usb straight into the computer, no hub. Though I need to get one.

Being computer illiterate I don't know what host CPU is! I'll see if there's a newer driver.

I did get it to work yesterday by fiddling with the midi/select controls on the Radium, god knows which ones , I kept pressing the reset and midi channel keys. But sure enough this morning, same thing. Nothing un-plugged or changed and yet it didn't work. Took me another 1/2 hr of fiddling and presto there it was. But it seems like a very un-scientific method.

Should I get a better keyboard?

Mike Greensill

www.mikegreensill.com