In Windows in Speedy, with caps lock on, to produce a rest: hit a three note half step cluster (ex: G#, A, Bb).

RBH

Dean M. Estabrook wrote:

Yes, I did that, and the notes appear as expected ... it's the rests which don't occur when I hit the zero key, as I thought he instructed. However, Darcy says it happens in SIMPLE, not SPEEDY.

Dean