On Mar 26, 2006, at 11:51 PM, Noel Stoutenburg wrote:

So, to particularize my response: in the first measure where the melody was in the wrong place, after making certain that the "rebar music" box was _not_ checked I'd make certain that the values in the "measures in the range of " otpion both contained the measure number of the measure I wanted to change, I'd change the meter / time signature of the measure by adding two beats (that is, if the desired measure had a time signature of 4/4 before, it would have a time signature of 6/4 after). Then I'd insert a half note rest at the beginning of the measure in which I just changed the meter signature. Then, making sure that the "rebar music" option was selected, I'd place the measure number of the measure I'd changed as the first measure of the range, and place the appropriate value as the highest measure number in the range, and change the time signature back to what it originally was (in the case of my example, 4/4).

Thanks a bunch - this worked perfectly!