For the first time I was actually trying to make some good use of GPO in Fin 2k6. I just spent about two hours on trying to get a piece sounding nicely. Within this time Finale crashed badly three times, either while playing back or while I was adjusting something in GPO.

For the moment that's it for me with GPO. I simply cannot afford to waste that much time. It takes such a long time to wait for GPO to load, anyway, even if I had just saved before it crashed the lost time would be at least ten minutes total. Plus, a lot of things in GPO are completely unpredictable. Dynamic levels are very badly balanced between instruments. I am trying to get an ensemble of 8 cellos, where each cello sounds about the same volume. GPO offers enough different players, but they are so unbalanced amongst eachother that I spent huge amounts of time just to get the levels right in the mixer (it's like trying to conduct an amateur orchestra!). Once done Finale crashed.

I have had it.

Johannes
--
http://www.musikmanufaktur.com