On 07.04.2006 Cecil Rigby wrote:
The help files haven't helped me figure out what's wrong. This was a major
reason for my upgrading and I'm sorely disappointed so far. I know there's a
reason they let us assign other sf2's- or are there only *specific* sf2s
that are allowed?

They need to be GM compatible. But I have done that in the past, so I know it works. On the other hand, I have never been able to find a soundfont which sounded good.

I have got the full GPO (bought it before Fin2k6) and it sort of works, but I was very disappointed by the quality - nowhere near what I expected after all the praise I read here - and by the hassle it involves.

I also think that the GUI of the GPO plugin is terrible. I certainly get "mouse-ache" after assigning just 4 instruments. Changing any of the parameters is a constant fight with the mouse. (Whoever decided that turnable knobs on a computer screen are a good idea should be prosecuted!)
--
http://www.musikmanufaktur.com
http://www.camerata-berolinensis.de