On 11.04.2006 Dennis Bathory-Kitsz wrote:
But with music (and often the associated arts of ballet and stage shows)
the behavior is entirely backwards. (I have an extended theory about this,
which should appear in Greywolf Press sometime this summer, and in another
piece on New Music Box also this summer.)

Depends on whether you count popular music. And if you are comparing to film (and literature to an extend), the equivalent in music would be popular music. (Don't get me wrong, I am not saying that pop music has much to do with music - nor am I saying the opposite, to avoid any controversal arguments about this, I have my opinion on this, but anyone is free to disagree, and a discussion won't change my mind.)

Johannes
--
http://www.musikmanufaktur.com
http://www.camerata-berolinensis.de