dc wrote:
Thanks, Allen, but I'm told it doesn't work in 2k6c, where the distilling of PS compiled by Finale with "Include fonts in listing" ticked gives an error message for all the fonts: Maestro PS, and the different OT text fonts. They are ALL replaced with Courier.

Exporting EPS is no better.

Would anyone be willing to send me a one-page PS file compiled with Finale and Win2K or WinXP, with the Maestro PS font and perhaps other PS or OT fonts? Or an EPS file?

Hi Dennis,

I can confirm that using Fin2K6c, on WinXP with *only* the PS version of Maestro installed generates a Postscript listing with invalid Type 1 font information. All Type 1 fonts are not found when the PS file is run through Acrobat Distiller (version 7.0.7) and are replaced with Courier. OpenType and TrueType fonts seem to work correctly, although as noted earlier in this thread, they seem to be incorrectly listed as Type 1 fonts.

I used a simple example page compiled to postscript with "include fonts in listing" checked. It uses the Maestro PS font, and text in three different fonts - one PS, one TrueType and one OpenType. I tried to include these files (i.e. the PS and EPS), but the PS listing is almost 500k, and the EPS about the same size (too large for a post to this list without moderator approval). So, I've just included the distilled PDF. If anyone wants to look at the others, feel free to contact me off-list.

Hope this helps,
Scott