Dennis Bathory-Kitsz wrote:
At 02:44 PM 4/28/06 -0400, you wrote:
If you don't mind, could you send me a one-page ps or eps that works for you so I can test to see if it is a distillation problem instead of a generation one?

Attached PS/PDF, EPS/PDF.

Hi Dennis ( the other one :-) ),

I think what is happening here is that you created your postscript listing/eps while you had the TrueType version of Maestro installed. Did you remove the TrueType version before or after you compiled the listing? If after, can you try uninstalling the TrueType version, then installing the PS version - then open up Finale, compile the postscript version and distill it.

A few experiments here seem to show that if you compile the postscript listing with the TrueType font installed, it will correctly reference either the TrueType or PS version later on, depending upon which one is installed on your system (although the character mappings seem to be a bit off with the PS version, there is a problem with noteheads). However, if you compile it with the PS version installed, it will incorrectly reference either version. I suspect the problem is that the PS listing is mangling the PS font name. Distiller gives me errors like "MSTT33456 not found, using Courier."

Scott