From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
Dennis Bathory-Kitsz
Sent: Sunday, November 05, 2006 9:23 PM
To: finale@shsu.edu
Subject: Re: [Finale] Perc. Sounds (OT)

At 05:53 PM 11/5/06 -0800, Dean M. Estabrook wrote:
>do horses amble in three-four ..it's been a long time since I've
>ridden?

The canter is considered a three-beat stride. From 'Introduction to Gait
Analysis': "The three beats of the canter are closely spaced in time, but
the third beat is followed by a longer interval that includes the airborne
phase before the first beat of the next stride."

Horse people always call it three beats, and my equestrienne wife and I
always get into a you-anal-compulsive/you-non-musician argument about it. :)

Dennis