> I'm sure there must be a way to post an MP3 file to the web such that
> those accessing it can only listen to it as streaming audio and not be
> able to download it. How do I do that?
>
> Andrew Stiller
> Kallisti Music Press
> http://home.netcom.com/~kallisti/

The only way is for your web host to use a streaming mp3 server, which would
cost you significant extra $$.  (The apparent streaming of mp3 files
available from any old web server, know as pseudo-streaming or
HTTP-streaming, allows the user to listen while the file continues to
download, but in the end the entire mp3 file is present on the user's
machine, unlike true streaming.)  Other streaming formats like Real,
QuickTime, etc. also rely on special software on the server end and
generally cost a premium (note: these can pseudo-stream as well, with the
same file download mechanism as mp3's).

Lee Actor
Composer-in-Residence and Assistant Conductor, Palo Alto Philharmonic
http://www.leeactor.com