On Jun 3, 2007, at 5:08 PM, Gerry Kirk wrote:
Anyone else experiencing the following aberration when using the Expression Tool in Mac-07? I create an expression (such as a rehearsal number, or cresc.) and place it in my score, and it "jumps" to a location other than where I have pointed. It is sometimes misplaced as much as one staff, or one measure.

I mentioned a similar problem on MM's forum a couple months ago, but got no response from other users - perhaps my issue is really a feature. If a staff is reduced using the resize tool and note positioning's note alignment point is defined as "horizontal click position," then the expression shows up to the left of where you click on that staff. The distance it's displaced depends on how much the staff is reduced.

Is this what you are seeing, or is it something different?

Rich