On Jul 27, 2007, at 1:41 PM, Patrick Sheehan wrote:

I'm working with an organ score that needs to have many text boxes for instructions, etc. When I print out the score (no part extraction needed), I want the boxes to be exactly where they are in the score layout, not offset somewhere else; this has happened when I've used Text Blocks in the past. Is there a way to make this setting?

I'm on Finale 2007 for PC

Text boxes made with the Text Tool (looks like an A) will attach to measures in scroll view, and to the PAGE if you enter them in page view. In my opinion, there is no good reason to use the Text Tool for instructions, with one exception. The Text Tool should be renamed Title Tool, because that is what it does best. The Expression Tool (looks like an mf) has everything the Text Tool has, except centre justification of text (this is the one reason to use the Text Tool) and everything stays attached to measures or notes, depending on how you enter it. This way you can extract parts and change layout to your heart's content, and the instructions stay attached to the measure or note they were originally attached to.

Christopher