For those of us still using MacFin2K6, will any of these upgrades
work for
us?
I should note that I only just now realized that in
addition to JABB,
there is also a K2 Player GPO update. There
was an earlier K2 Player
GPO update (released in the spring),
which I already have installed,
but the latest one (2.2.3)
apparently solves some of the bugs that
plagued the earlier
version.
Cheers,
- Darcy
-----
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Brooklyn, NY
On 19 Aug 2007, at 2:15 AM, Darcy James
Argue wrote:
I should add that the update didn't
show up in that stupid "Native
Instruments Service
Center" app either. I only found out there WAS
a K2
JABB update by going to the Garritan Wiki.
The sounds are great, but both Garritan and Native Instruments
leave a lot to be desired when it comes to ease-of-use.
For instance, the K2 JABB installer updated
Finale 2007 so that the
JABB instruments are available from
the Setup Wizard, but neglected
to update Fin2008 as well.
And yes, I know how to manually copy the
relevant files,
but still -- c'mon guys, let's get it together
here. It's
not rocket science.
Cheers,
- Darcy
-----
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Brooklyn, NY
On 19 Aug 2007, at 1:54 AM, Williams, Jim wrote:
100% right you are...all this NI stuff has
been a fiasco! ;-(
Jim W.
From: Darcy James Argue
Sent: Sun 19-Aug-07 1:43
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re:
[Finale] JABB update for K2, Garritan Wiki
It was released a month ago (July 19,
2007), but I don't recall
there being any mention of it
on the list. I only found out about
it myself just now.
I think the last time I checked was around
July 15 or
so. Again, it would be really nice if Gary had some
method of alerting his customers (via email or auto-update
software) when important updates are released.
Case in point: there is a thread called
"Where We Are At" at the
Northern Sounds
Forum which is supposed to list the latest
upgrades. It
was last updated on July 11, and (still) says:
We just received the latest installers from NI for GPO
&
JABB.Unfortunately MakeMusic found some K2
errors when testing
the installers and now this has
gone back to Native Instruments
for correction.
Hopefully we'll get new installers soon and make
the latest updates available ASAP.
http://northernsounds.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53686
Gary really needs to update this.
Cheers,
- Darcy
-----
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Brooklyn, NY
On 19 Aug 2007, at 1:39 AM, Williams,
Jim wrote:
Self-reply...
I don't see anything later than
2.2.3.
It's been out for a while.
From: Williams, Jim
Sent: Sun 19-Aug-07 1:36
To:
[email protected]
Subject: RE: [Finale] JABB update
for K2, Garritan Wiki
Are you talking about 2.2.2.3 or is there a later one?
Jim
From: Darcy James
Argue
Sent: Sun 19-Aug-07 1:29
To: [email protected]
Subject:
[Finale] JABB update for K2, Garritan Wiki
Two items of interest:
1) The Kontakt Player 2 update
for Garritan Jazz And Big Band has
been released.
(Without much apparent fanfare -- I really wish
Gary would set up some way of notifying his customers when
upgrades are released.)
This upgrade finally makes it possible for Intel Mac
owners to
run JABB for the first time -- which also
means it's the first
version of JABB that will run
acceptably on Mac laptops. It also
adds keyswitched
saxophone doubles, so that you can switch from,
e.g., alto sax to flute, clarinet, or soprano sax without having
to load additional patches and use channel change
expressions.
Finally, since both GPO and JABB
instruments can be loaded in the
same Kontakt
Player instance, it makes it much easier to mix and
match instruments from different sample libraries.
2) There is now a (much-needed) Garritan Wiki
<http://
garritan.info>. It includes, among
other things, helpful
instructions on how to
upgrade to the new JABB:
http://garritan.info/index.php/JABB_KP2_Update_for_Mac_OS_X
http://garritan.info/index.php/JABB_KP2_Update_for_Windows
Cheers,
- Darcy
-----
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Brooklyn, NY
_______________________________________________
Finale mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale
_______________________________________________
Finale mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale
_______________________________________________
Finale mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale
_______________________________________________
Finale mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale
_______________________________________________
Finale mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale
_______________________________________________
Finale mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale
_______________________________________________
Finale
mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale
_______________________________________________
Finale mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale