My unconventional approach to this is using truly invisible, non- printing expressions! Unless it's one you *need* to see, by way of reminder or some other purpose, or something an editor needs to see, this is a useful method (in my view).

Go Expressions > Create, then type Option-Spacebar. This creates a forced space which serves same as text. (BE SURE and use the description text field, for this will serve as an internal reminder that the expression is in the score. If the score will be processed by a final engraver, it's also a good idea to call the use of them to his attention.) I then give that expression its assignment, in most cases some sort of playback change. EXAMPLE: "To clarinet" (in the description field) would signify a patch change to clarinet.

The reason I do this is to remove visual clutter from the editor's eye, when the editor edits on-screen. I like it for the same reason. It may not be for everyone and it doesn't fit all situations where a non-printing expression might be used, but it's one additional alternative when using one.

--Richard


On Aug 31, 2007, at 4:50 PM, Dennis Bathory-Kitsz wrote:

I'm almost certain I saw an option to change the darkness of the
non-printing items on the screen (those with 'show' unchecked), but I can't
find it. There's not even an entry for the context-menu 'show' in the
manual, and the colors in the index all refer to the main colors dialog box.

I'd like to lighten the non-printing items almost to invisibility. Anyone
know where this option is?

_______________________________________________
Finale mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale

Reply via email to