At 08:41 PM 8/31/2007 -0500, Richard Huggins wrote:
>My unconventional approach to this is using truly invisible, non- 
>printing expressions! Unless it's one you *need* to see, by way of  
>reminder or some other purpose, or something an editor needs to see,  
>this is a useful method (in my view).
>
>Go Expressions > Create, then type Option-Spacebar.

That's ALT-0160 in Windows, as I recall.

>This creates a  
>forced space which serves same as text. (BE SURE and use the  
>description text field, for this will serve as an internal reminder  
>that the expression is in the score. If the score will be processed  
>by a final engraver, it's also a good idea to call the use of them to  
>his attention.)  

[...]

In fact, I used to use your method, but now much prefer unchecking the
"show" in the context menu because it's more flexible because you can turn
the shading up and down (visible to invisible) as needed.

There is so much information in those marginally visible items -- tuplets
used to group unequal note groups used to fake non-synchronized measures,
microtones for playback via the Kontakt player using pitch wheel (in this
case), dynamics used for playback to correct for human playback errors, and
of course patch changes and similar -- that I want to see that info most of
the time.

That's why I knew the shading was there. I'd used it before to turn the
non-showing items into invisible items just to get rid of the clutter as
you suggest, and then changing them back. Postscript preview does this too,
but not while you're working.

I just couldn't recall where it was. Now I guess it's moved again in
2008... :)

Dennis



_______________________________________________
Finale mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale

Reply via email to