Hi Chuck,

I'm currently working on a piano piece that has this issue all over the place. I am using the tie stubs from Bill's Articulation font (albeit reduced slightly in size), with a slur over the entire figure. Traditionally, you would probably put (beginning) tie stubs on each note of the arpeggio and also (ending) tie stubs before each note of the resultant chord ("beginning" and "ending" are terms of convenience -- it's the same character). Although personally I think it's clear enough with just the beginning tie stubs and the overslur.

Cheers,

- Darcy
-----
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Brooklyn, NY



- Darcy
-----
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Brooklyn, NY



On 03 Sep 2007, at 8:15 PM, Chuck Israels wrote:

Showing a little ignorance here and looking for advice. I'd like to notate a rolled chord with the rhythms of the roll specified - happens to be a 16th note triplet before the barline landing on the 4th note of the chord on the db with all notes held. Ties to the held notes don't work (except for the last triplet note). I could use slurs as ties, but maybe a slur over the whole figure ending on the db is sufficient to indicate the sustained notes. But this looks a little funny, because the chord shows up with all the notes on the db, and that makes it look like they are re-struck there which, of course, they are not. It seems ridiculously picky to notate the value of each note using voices, or layers, and I may be being overly picky even with this notation. How is this done in piano music. Sorry for my ignorance of this notation convention. All grace notes and no rhythm? What to do to make it work without being overly picky.

Thanks,

Chuck








Chuck Israels
230 North Garden Terrace
Bellingham, WA 98225-5836
phone (360) 671-3402
fax (360) 676-6055
www.chuckisraels.com

_______________________________________________
Finale mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale

_______________________________________________
Finale mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale

Reply via email to