On Sep 6, 2007, at 10:23 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

I sure wish there were a way to get letter size parts to print larger with equal margins (without using the layout page) on a Mac. When I enlarge via layout page & move the margin line, the meter changes don't move equally and get
into a mess.   The same with **.

I print with a HP printer. When I enlarge, the right & left sides are never
even so they don't line up well back to back.

Any suggestions other then Kinkos?


There is a relatively easy way, but it involves an extra step.

When you print, print to letter size but save as PDF. Open the PDF in Preview, and select the new page setup and scale to taste. When you print on the larger paper, the whole image will just be bigger, exactly as if you had zoomed it bigger on a photocopier.

There is an easier way that doesn't involve calculating scale. Open it in Adobe Reader, set the new page size in Page Setup as before. This time when you go to Print, there is a box called Page Scaling. Select "Fit to printable area", which will enlarge the image to fit the new page margins without you needing to calculate anything. There is an option called Centre image or something, which is checked by default and should take care of your centering issues.

I just don't like Adobe Reader, so I calculate the hard way in Preview. Some Windows-generated PDFs are not liked by Preview, though, so sometimes I am forced to use Adobe Reader.

Christopher


_______________________________________________
Finale mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale

Reply via email to