John Howell wrote:
This may not affect many, but it might if part of your life is writing for publication. The new Microsoft Office 2007 for Vista produces Word files that are incompatible with any other version of Word. Several prestigious journals have already announce that they will not accept submission in the .docx format that is the default for WinWord 2007. (MacWord 2007 won't even be available until next summer or fall.) I ran into it when students started sending me assignments that I couldn't open. If anyone is interested, check out http://blog.eogn.com/eastmans_online_genealogy/2007/06/alert_for_autho.html. And note that even when your file is saved in the older .doc format, equations and special symbols are messed up.

John


Thanks, John. I had just received a Word file I couldn't open and wondered what was going on. I sent the sender your link.

Ray Horton
_______________________________________________
Finale mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale

Reply via email to