If any mac owners have the time to test.

In working on my problem of F2k8 crash on open, I've noticed that the Audio Midi Setup pane of OS is set to 2-ch 24-bit. The MM tech mentioned that Finale only wants 16 bit, but since the crash seems to happen when Finale is initializing midi (not Core midi, after that) he decided not to pursue it. Just for laughs, I decided to try booting with the Audio Midi Setup set at 16-bit. However, the format pull down for Audio/Midi Setup has no option but 24-bit.

The only place in my system that I've found so far that can change bit depth, is in Digital Performer which has a preference pane which allows one to specify the bit depth of newly recorded material. Changing that back and forth seemed to have no effect on the Audio/ Midi Setup configuration.

So I'm curious, does any one have options in that Audio/Midi Setup pull down?

Dick H

1224
2408 MkII
MTPAV