On Sep 23, 2007, at 3:06 PM, A-NO-NE Music wrote:

Have you tried trashing Finale pref as I suggested?

Sorry, didn't report back on that. Yes, I had tried deleting preferences with no change in crash on quit.

In you crash log, this appears in line 2:

2 ...u.driver.PCIAudio.HALPlugIn 0x0799df8c PlugInDevice::GetProperty
(unsigned long, bool, unsigned long, unsigned long*, void*) + 384

In my guess, what this is telling you is Finale is calling PCI424 driver
then receives something Finale doesn't understand and crashes.

I like that analysis, but don't know what to do about it. I'll send to MM tech Monday AM.

You should also try assign Built-in under AMS to see if Finale still crashes.

Actually, this is something that the MM tech had me try and no change. Sorry I didn't include that in one of the original posts.

On the AD option in Audio/Midi Setup. I'm surprised that it is 24bit with no 16bit choice.

Thanks for your time on this, Hiro. I'll report back when something significant happens.

Dick H