On 2-Nov-07, at 3:37 AM, dc wrote:


I don't think I was clear. I first enter the real bass, with its stems, that I need to keep. Say two half notes. Over each of these two half notes, I have 2 figures. So I enter in voice 2 4 quarter hidden rests. But these can cause the stems of my half notes to flip if I enter them on the same side as the stem. This is what I'd like to avoid. Is it possible? I do all this in speedy entry. Which means that for the hidden rests in voice 2 I hit 4, backspace and o. The stem changes as soon as I hit 4, and doesn't go back even when I change this to a hidden rest. It is also frozen in this position, which means that if I transpose the piece it will be wrong.

I can suggest this.

You can set Layer Options for Layer 1 to NEVER flip stems, ties or displace rests, which would solve your problem. However, if you ever NEEDED the stems flipped and rests displaced, you would just have to set Layer 3 for that, and use 3 for the upper of two voices, rather than Layer 1.

Christopher



_______________________________________________
Finale mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale

Reply via email to