On Nov 3, 2007, at 5:58 AM, dc wrote:

Christopher Smith écrit:
Huh?

What version of Finale are you on?

Finale 2007c

In all my versions, in Document
Options>Layers, I have Freeze Stems and Ties, then Freeze Ties In
Same Direction As Stems, then Hide Layer (doesn't affect us here),
then Adjust Floating Rests by _ _ Steps and a few others that don't
affect us. Uncheck those three and all is good.

I've unchecked all those. But when I add a hidden note or rest in voice 2, it will still flip the stem of the voice 1 note. This is what I'm trying to avoid, and the layer options seem to have no effect on this. I can avoid the flipping by entering the voice 2 on the other side of the stem, but then when I transpose the stem will be frozen the wrong way.


Sorry about that! One more thing to check in Layer 1 Options: Ignore layers containing only hidden notes.

Despite the "only", it will NOT flip stems that have lyrics, expressions, chord symbols or articulations attached to hidden rests or notes in other layers. Strangely, though, it will SHOW lyrics, chords and articulations on the hidden layer, but NOT expressions! Isn't that useless? I was counting on that to correctly position a "f" ending a crescendo on a whole note!

Same behaviour in 2008.

Christopher


_______________________________________________
Finale mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale

Reply via email to