On Nov 3, 2007, at 8:32 AM, dc wrote:

Christopher Smith écrit:
Sorry about that! One more thing to check in Layer 1 Options: Ignore
layers containing only hidden notes.

Thanks, Christopher, but are you sure there isn't some confusion between layers and voices? All the music is in layer 1, but with hidden notes in voice 2. I used to use different layers until someone here convinced me it was easier to use voices.

But I notice that if I do convert this voice 2 to layer 2, with the proper layer options, the stems are correct. So this is an easy way out of my problem.


Ah, I didn't know you were using voices. I thought you were using layers. I should read more carefully.

The only time I find it easier to use voices instead of layers is when I am writing piano music and I have a part appearing or disappearing partway through a measure. Layers get fussier in this context. Otherwise I use layers for everything. There seems to be more control over them.


Despite the "only", it will NOT flip stems that have lyrics,
expressions, chord symbols or articulations attached to hidden rests
or notes in other layers. Strangely, though, it will SHOW lyrics,
chords and articulations on the hidden layer, but NOT expressions!

As far as I can see, it has no effect on the flipping of stems.

The strange thing about the way they phrase this option is that it appears that if you ONLY have hidden notes then the option will apply, whereas if you have any OTHER item (like lyrics, etc), the option will NOT apply. But that isn't true. The option works anyway.

This option will only work on Layers, not voices, obviously.

Christopher




_______________________________________________
Finale mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale

Reply via email to