I concur with all of Christopher's answers -- some strongly, others because I have no opinion and his seems reasonable -- but I would clarify one point.

On Nov 3, 2007, at 6:11 AM, Christopher Smith wrote:

I hesitate to weigh in on this, as I seldom use three endings, but I would put the hook, as it denotes the end of the music for the staff at that point. The non-hooked ending should only be used (IMHO) when the music is continuing on the same staff.

I would say that the non-hooked ending should only be used when the music is continuing in the next measure that appears in the score, as opposed to jumping somewhere else, even (especially) if the next measure is on the next system or next page.

I think that's what Christopher meant by "on the same staff", but it's not really clear.

The consequence of this rule, obviously, is that you would never use a non-hooked ending on any ending but the last.

mdl
_______________________________________________
Finale mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale

Reply via email to