On Tue, November 27, 2007 6:55 am, Christopher Smith wrote: > Dennis B.K. had another post on the subject that I thought I kept, > but I can't find it. He had a intermediate step that saved some > material and seemed more secure, but it is lost now. Dennis?
I have used several desperate measures over the years. The primary one I use now is about the same as yours. Save the file under a new name, delete the offending measure completely, re-save the file, close it, exit Finale, and restart and re-open. Then do a data check, re-save, exit, restart and re-open. Insert a new blank measure where it's needed, data check, re-save, exit, restart, re-open. Then re-enter the material by hand into the new blank measure, re-save, etc. The multiple checks, saves and opens seem to establish a clean document and clean run of Finale at each point. The old way was much easier: to save as ETF. This worked almost every time. Speaking of bugs, my lovely letter on lovely bond paper with a lovely stamp and lovely envelope to the CEO of MakeMusic on October 6th was met with the exact reaction predicted on this list: It was completely ignored. Dennis _______________________________________________ Finale mailing list [email protected] http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale
