On Tue, November 27, 2007 10:42 pm, Chuck Israels wrote:
> I'd write Jim Bruce - head of customer support.

It's not customer support that matters; they can say anything in an
attempt to placate restless customers. They can say anything to the CEO,
too. But getting the attention of top-level officers to the overall
problem of a company that is losing long-term customers because of a
defective product -- that can matter. Those top-level folks are the only
people who can act.

No answer, not even a "thank you for your note," effectively proves to me
that the company's CEO knows the product is done for, and that MakeMusic
is paralyzed to do anything except issue their yearly subscription and
hope for the best in following Sibelius as long as it can.

I was talking to one of my fellow composers last week, and she said she'd
send me a Sibelius file but she knew I couldn't use it. She was stunned
when I told her I'd ordered the Sibelius cross-grade, and said she thought
it would never happen. Both of us were early people in the Vermont Midi
Project; I had pushed for Finale to be adopted in the schools -- and lost.

The company never came through in those days to decently present their
product, and a couple of years later promised to provide help to one of
our major projects with the contribution of a few copies of Finale as
fundraising tools. That never happened either.

So their issue of non-responsiveness isn't recent, and it isn't lawyers
with new-found fears -- it's deep-seated arrogance after having been the
leading software for so long, and an inability to cope with their
precipitous failures in recent years.

If I didn't think it would kill the company, I'd file a complaint with the
FTC about a product that doesn't meet implied warranty standards for a
manufactured product. The bugs in certain basic features make the product
defective. By the time the FTC got through with them, though, they'd be
cooked.

Dennis



_______________________________________________
Finale mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale

Reply via email to