While I would generally agree with this, I've been learning Sibelius for the past 5 weeks or so, having jumped on their cross-grade sale back in October. And while I always have worked initially in Finale using scroll view, I haven't as yet even tried it in Sibelius. And to be honest, I'm really not missing it. I will say the method of work in Sib is quite different and that's been my first major hurdle. The one thing about their page view that I don't like is a lack of a keyboard command to go from page to page or back to the top. Maybe I just haven't found it yet.

But all in all, in my quite limited exposure thus far, it's quite usable and viable alternative to Finale.


J D  Thomas
ThomaStudios

On Nov 28, 2007, at 11:45 AM, Eric Dannewitz wrote:

Well, I think Sibelius is now very, very close to being an easy switch for an experienced Finale user. Now that they have a scroll view was really the last glaring defect in getting stuff done in Sibelius in my view. I don't know how people worked or work in that silly pageview mode they have.

_______________________________________________
Finale mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale

Reply via email to