Carl, this is one of my pet peeves w/Finale. What I used to do when working with extracted parts was to have the mm rests break at the appropriate point and then add an extra "to Coda" symbol in each part. The symbol is actually attached to the 1st measure of the 9 measure rest, which it "sees" as one measure. Pain in the ass, but it made parts look right.

Chuck


On Dec 11, 2007, at 6:01 PM, Carl Dershem wrote:

I'm doing a piece where many of the parts (big band score) have multi-measure rests before and after the coda (go to) mark. I'm using FinWin 2004 under WinXP.

The problem is: I can either have multi-measure rests or the mark, not both. If I select the measures in question (before and after, in separate groups), the measure the Coda mark is attached to will not be included unless I de-select "break multi-measure rests" when selecting the coda mark. But if I do that, the mark itself becomes invisible.

I have, in most cases, 9 measures, the mark, and 3 measures. But it comes out as 8 measures, 1 measure with the coda sign, and 3 measures.

ANy idea how to fix this?

cd
--
http://www.livejournal.com/users/dershem/#
http://members.cox.net/dershem

_______________________________________________
Finale mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale

Chuck Israels
230 North Garden Terrace
Bellingham, WA 98225-5836
phone (360) 671-3402
fax (360) 676-6055
www.chuckisraels.com

_______________________________________________
Finale mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale

Reply via email to