Carl Dershem wrote:
I'm doing a piece where many of the parts (big band score) have
multi-measure rests before and after the coda (go to) mark. I'm using
FinWin 2004 under WinXP.
The problem is: I can either have multi-measure rests or the mark, not
both. If I select the measures in question (before and after, in
separate groups), the measure the Coda mark is attached to will not be
included unless I de-select "break multi-measure rests" when selecting
the coda mark. But if I do that, the mark itself becomes invisible.
I have, in most cases, 9 measures, the mark, and 3 measures. But it
comes out as 8 measures, 1 measure with the coda sign, and 3 measures.
You have assigned the coda mark to the wrong measure. The coda measure
expression should be assigned to the measure it should jump to, not to
the measure before.
Also, measure expressions that appear in the first measure of a MM
region will appear in the score (in all other measures of the MM rest,
they will be hidden), so when you have corrected the measure expression
everything else should work as well.
(If you are uncertain about which measure/note an expression is attached
to, hold down Ctrl before clicking on the expression.)
Best regards,
Jari Williamsson
_______________________________________________
Finale mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale