On Dec 11, 2007, at 9:01 PM, Carl Dershem wrote:

I'm doing a piece where many of the parts (big band score) have multi-measure rests before and after the coda (go to) mark. I'm using FinWin 2004 under WinXP.

The problem is: I can either have multi-measure rests or the mark, not both. If I select the measures in question (before and after, in separate groups), the measure the Coda mark is attached to will not be included unless I de-select "break multi-measure rests" when selecting the coda mark. But if I do that, the mark itself becomes invisible.

I have, in most cases, 9 measures, the mark, and 3 measures. But it comes out as 8 measures, 1 measure with the coda sign, and 3 measures.

ANy idea how to fix this?

I know it's a pain.

If you attach it to the FIRST measure of the three measure rest (aligned left, rather than right), it will be positioned properly, but only if you go to coda in the middle of a system. It will be at the BEGINNING of a system (wrong!) if the 8 and 3 are on different systems.

What I have been doing is to create an expression that attaches to the multimeasure rest in the parts (with a metatool) aligned to the right barline. Create it before part extraction, so it is a one-click deal in each part to attach it.

You won't need to do this next part in 2004, but I include here for those who use linked parts. After you enter it in the part, then hide it in the score (which hides it in the parts) then right-click in the parts that need it to Show it only in that part. It shows up in the score as being attached to the FIRST measure of the 8 bar rest, but once you know that it is easy to find in the score. Depending on how many parts have different numbers of measures rest, I might have to put in a few of these expressions.

Christopher


_______________________________________________
Finale mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale

Reply via email to