On Jun 18, 2008, at 7:33 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

i understand the frustration and aggrevation that your crashes creates, but i can't understand why your versions do crash. has the permissions been repaired? faulty fonts found? used an app like Cocktail to clean up the system?
checked weather it might be a faulty au-plug?

When I was futzing with this back in September 07, (Hiro helped alot) I went so far as to wipe the disk, and install from scratch. F2008 would start until I installed another app (digital performer) which routed audio through my PCI card. Further, I found that if I removed MOTUPCIAudio.kext from my system extension folder, Finale would run. If I ran installers to put it back (moving copies didn't work for some reason) then Finale would crash on start. Hiro went so far as to test on a system he had using a PCI card but could not replicate. I got tired of the guessing game at that point and went back to F2007.

Dick H

1224                            G5 Dual 2 Ghz
2408 MkII                       4  Gig
MTPAV                           OSX 10.5.3
Morpheus                        DP 5.13
DMPro                           Clockworks v 1.51
Cuemix Console v 1.42
PCI Audio Midi Set up v 1.31