Andrew Moschou wrote:
I attended a public lecture about a year ago that was done by Alan Noble the
Director of Google Australia & New Zealand. There, I learnt that Google's
betas should be considered differently to other software betas. At Google,
they believe that their products will never be perfect, and they are always
updating and changing them, so their products indefinitely remain in beta
status. In contrast, other software company label their products in beta
status only for some testing period before a major release.
Andrew

What a load of crap -- That's just putting spin on their decision to leave things labeled 'beta' so that when something goes wrong or someone complains that it doesn't work like it should, Google can say "what did you expect, it's still in beta!" and thus let themselves off the hook.

Of course all the other companies are similarly self-serving in the ways they foist bug-riddled software on the public, so they're not any better.

But Google isn't able to take the moral high ground just because they label their products 'beta' versions.

--
David H. Bailey