It's always when you're working on a project, isn't it! Since F06 is still working for you, I'd got back to that to finish the project, if you think that's possible.

I'm hoping that someone using F09 can make suggestions, but while you wait, take a look at instructions for Garritan. The symptom you've described sure seems like it's related to Garritan trying to pass along the samples to Finale. Are there settings in Garritan that would lessen the volume of data that has to be exchanged?

Dick H