Eric Dannewitz wrote:
Not necessarily......For example, when I am writing out something, I frequently go through and block out chords, then go back and do the duration. And speedy also lets me play or even keep sounding the chord before and lets me play/mess around with different voicings before putting them into the score.

And that's the model that works for you.

When transcribing tunes, I generally map the rhythm, and approximate pitch (up or down), and then go back and fine tune the pitches.

But when arranging I block the chords and then voice them according to instrumentation.

And I'm sure others have other methods for doing what they do.

The advantage of a flexible program is that we can all use what works best for us without too many hiccups.

Finale is flexible enough to allow that, and that is why I continue to use it despite the fact that the company seems to have its head up its.......yeah

Agreed.

cd
--
http://www.livejournal.com/users/dershem/#