Greetings, list. I've been out of the Finale world for awhile, but now that
 I'm upgrading my ChordSymbol font, I'm wondering what the status of
Unicode  support is. I see that it is not supported in Finale 2010. Will it be
added for  Finale 2011?

If a support rep or product manager wishes to reply privately, I'd
appreciate that. Or I may get in touch directly soon, also about the
possibility
of bundling my Unicode font with Finale once you finally make that leap. I
hope  to make ChordSymbol 2 the "gold standard" among music-analysis and
lead-sheet  fonts. Music theorists have always sworn by ChordSymbol 1, and I'm
hoping that  commercial music arrangers will equally value the new font, with
its full set of  commercial chord symbols--not handwritten, as in the
existing Finale fonts, but  properly set in Times New Roman.

In the meantime, I will create three separate TrueType fonts that  Finale
users may find useful:

- RomanNumerals, for roman-numeral analysis;
- BassFigures, for figured bass (featuring slashed figures in any  conce
ivable combination and all needed accessories such as the little  plusses); and
- JazzSymbol, for pop/rock/jazz/theater music.

I expect to roll out this font package for Windows and Mac within about two
 weeks, as the main Unicode font, which features over 1000 special symbols,
is  finished, and it will not take long to derive the subset fonts
therefrom. Please  feel free to direct inquiries to my personal email
address--most
sales will be  done by email (paying using PayPal) until we can get our web
site, _www.virtualconservatory.com_ (http://www.virtualconservatory.com) ,
updated with the needed functionality.

Thanks and cheers, jrc

Dr. John R. Clevenger