dc wrote:
I'm still looking for the rules for polyphonic keyboard notation when one of the notes needs to be shifted horizontally to make the stemming clear. Read simply says the notation should be clear. But how does one determine which of the notes should be shift, and which should remain vertically aligned?

Could anyone point me to precise rules?

That's just it -- I'm not sure there are any precise rules. With the myriad different situations where horizontal shifting might be required to make the stemming clear, there might not be any rules other than whatever you do should be clear and easily read at sight by whomever is going to be playing the music.

--
David H. Bailey
dhbai...@davidbaileymusicstudio.com