Thanks for all your great advice. Now that I'm actually at the point of
laying out the music, I wonder if it's permissible to optimize out the pedal
staff if it helps fit music onto the page. Likewise, if there's a long
passage for pedal only, can I optimize out the manual staves?

Regarding page turns, if the hands are silent, but the feet are playing, is
a page turn permissible if it's the only choice? I'm trying to put page
turns over multi-measure rests, but being an organ concerto, there aren't a
lot of them once things get going.

Oh, if there are systems with nothing but rests, is it permissible to show
only one staff so that more systems can fit on a page?