John Howell wrote:
And it's been obvious for years that Finale makes it TOO easy to reduce the size to get "more systems on a page,"

You are hilarious, sometimes, John! Just how difficult should Finale make it to reduce the size? Should warning bells go off if the user selects too small a percentage?

Finale makes it easy to reduce to 10% or enlarge to 999%. At some point, we need to have the common sense of the user (or the style sheet of a publisher, since you have a complaint with a particular publisher) be a part of the process, not more limits on a notation program.

I don't know why one would need a ten percent sized staff or system, but there is no need to put a larger limit. And even though I can't imagine anyone ever needing a 999% staff in conventional music engraving, I _have_ used some very large sized (hidden) staves to print oversized musical symbols on ledger-sized paper for my wife's classroom bulletin board. Quite handy.

This is the first time I've heard anyone ever complain that software was too easy!

RBH