On 1/8/2011 12:39 PM, Florence + Michael wrote:
[snip]

Clearly many of us want the option to hear concert pitch sounds while
entering notes in a transposed part. Is somebody from MakeMusic
reading all this? Should we all write letters expressing our wish?

Someone from MakeMusic is reading this.

However, in order to show the people who decide what gets implemented and what doesn't everybody who wants this option needs to contact MakeMusic directly, and get all your friends and relatives and coworkers and everybody you've ever met to do the same. The tech support people log in all the requests for a particular change or addition and if enough people request it, it gets put on the list of things to work on. If only a few people ask for it while lots of people ask for something else, it's the something else that gets worked on.

They need some way to triage all the requests since they can't work on them all, so the more requests a particular thing gets, the more likely it is to be implemented.

And even though it might seem like a lot of people on this list are requesting it, only about 5 or 6 people have actually participated in the thread, which isn't a very big number given the many thousands of Finale users around the globe.

--
David H. Bailey
dhbai...@davidbaileymusicstudio.com