On 1/12/2011 6:27 AM, Aaron Sherber wrote:
On 1/12/2011 4:59 AM, Steve Parker wrote:
Is there any way to get the displayed page numbers to be used for all
text boxes that have page number inserts on them, rather than changing
everywhere?

Sorry, I don't understand your question. Can you give an example?

Once you've entered a text box and placed a page number insert there, it won't change when you change the page number offset. You need to delete it and then insert it again to get the new page number with the offset value. Redrawing the screen doesn't help -- once a page number insert is placed, it will continue to show its original value.

Interestingly enough, even if you insert 1 or more pages before where your text box with the page number insert, the insert will update with the number of pages just inserted, but still will not take the page number offset into account. But if you place a new page number insert, it will not only use the page number offset you've placed but will also take into account any pages inserted before the page it's placed on. Weird!

So it's possible to have two page numbers appearing -- place a text box with a page number insert before you change the page number offset. Then change the page number offset and place a second page number insert -- it can be in the same text box as the first page number insert. You'll see two different page numbers. Now insert a page or more before the current page and both the page numbers (the first one without the offset and the second one with the offset) will update to show the added pages, but the first insert won't reflect the page number offset at all.

So if a person has several different page number boxes (for whatever reason) and wishes to change the page number offset, all instances of page number placement need to be edited by deleting the present page number insert and placing the page number insert again in order to reflect accurately the desired page number offset.

I would have thought (and I think this is how it worked in the past but I can't really remember) that once a Page Number Offset has been set, there should be an option to "Update All Page Numbers" or "Update only pages from this point forward." But there is no option for doing it that way.

--
David H. Bailey
dhbai...@davidbaileymusicstudio.com