Interestingly, Together in Song, also known as the Australian Hymn Book II,
was done with Graphire Music Press and it is without a doubt one of the
poorest examples of music engraving I've seen published. Some errors were
the fault of the engraver but still, quite a lot were the fault of the
program. The examples on the Graphire website are very fine.

Andrew


On 1 February 2011 23:07, Steve Parker <[email protected]> wrote:

> I would agree as well with putting Graphire up there.
> The closest immediate output (in quality) to something like a Peter's
> edition.
>
> Steve P.
>
>
> On 1 Feb 2011, at 12:15, Dennis Bathory-Kitsz wrote:
>
>  To continue this, I'd put Graphire Music Press up there for sheer looks
>> out of
>> the box, and for the fastest input via computer keyboard, with auto-update
>> and
>> reflow and objects that moved out of each others' way automatically. A
>> beautiful but expensive piece of software.
>>
>> Of course, it's also dead -- dead for 10 years as of yesterday.
>>
>> Dennis
>
>
_______________________________________________
Finale mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale

Reply via email to