On 8 Feb 2011 at 10:36, Steve Parker wrote:

> On 8 Feb 2011, at 04:00, David W. Fenton wrote:

> > And that's the Paderewski edition, which does not necessarily
> > represent what was in Chopin's autograph.
> 
> I really am not so dumb nor inexperienced to give an example that is 
> not the same. The often elegant idiosyncrasies of Chopin's (own..)
> writing are well  known and discussed. ?

To misquote Jerry Maguire:

SHOW ME THE AUTOGRAPH!

Seriously.

You can't make remarks about Chopin's notational practices/intentions 
by referring to anything else (unless you can demonstrate that Chopin 
supervised the edition you're looking at).

Are you saying that you've compared the cited example to Chopin's 
autograph? Or only that you've read someone who says it's the same? 
If the latter, I wouldn't trust it. I learned along time ago that 
lots of things get into print (even from reputable and reliable 
scholars) that don't hold up under an examination of the actual 
evidence. So, I simply wouldn't believe any such discussion unless I 
could see the examples on which it was based.

-- 
David W. Fenton                    http://dfenton.com
David Fenton Associates       http://dfenton.com/DFA/

_______________________________________________
Finale mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale

Reply via email to