On 8 Feb 2011, at 04:00, David W. Fenton wrote:

I don't know what your point is by citing it. It doesn't at all
relate to the topic we were speaking about -- it introduces a whole
host of unrelated issues (so far as I can see).


I thought to some small extent that we had gone on to a more general discussion of technically correct versus clear. My whole point is that there are a whole host of issues and that, despite their 'wrongness' Chopin can (usually) be found to be quite explicit.

I gave the example because it was easy to find on the internet whilst away from my scores. Also as a pathological example where a lot of the note values do not mean what they say.


And that's the Paderewski edition, which does not necessarily
represent what was in Chopin's autograph.

I really am not so dumb nor inexperienced to give an example that is not the same. The often elegant idiosyncrasies of Chopin's (own..) writing are well known and discussed.
?


Steve P.

_______________________________________________
Finale mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale

Reply via email to