http://en.chopin.nifc.pl/institute/publications/facsimile

You've probably seen, but if not the above is examples of Chopin's hand.
Not sure he would get work as a copyist...
A pianist who is a friend owns (I think) all of the available facsimiles and every published edition that he can get of Chopin's entire output.
A bit of a trainspotter but frequently fascinating.
He also just about believes that Angela Lear is the only pianist worth hearing play Chopin. I'm away but will give proper examples when back home, but the kind of thing I mean is a minim on the first stem of three beamed quavers rather than a dotted crotchet. Wrong but perfectly clear and uncluttered.

Steve P.

On 4 Feb 2011, at 23:55, Steve Parker wrote:

No, the Alfred and some other editions make a point of stating where they've copied Chopin literally, often against the practice of earlier editions which have 'corrected' passages. Steve

On 4 Feb 2011, at 19:24, "David W. Fenton" <[email protected]> wrote:

On 3 Feb 2011 at 23:43, Steve Parker wrote:

I have some facsimiles, but good editions (I like Alfred) usually
preserve such things.

But my point is that if you don't know the notation derives from
Chopin himself, you can't actually attribute it to Chopin. I'd be
interested to see some examples from his MSS, actually, but I don't
have any Chopin facsimiles.

--
David W. Fenton                    http://dfenton.com
David Fenton Associates       http://dfenton.com/DFA/

_______________________________________________
Finale mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale

_______________________________________________
Finale mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale

_______________________________________________
Finale mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale

Reply via email to