Only sees this thread now. I am a Dane, but I was raised in Germany because my
father worked there.

Via Google I found both spellings. I very much tend to go with upper case
F-Loch like in this article:

<http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schallloch#F-Loch>

German has nouns spelled with upper case. As I sense that language this
consideration overrides whatever pictogram element involved.

Klaus