henry, which ones specifically are you noticing as problematic?

i would not trust (and some have described probs) with parts-related
tools, the reset staff groups has caused me very much anguish and i'm
no longer certain about the layout tool (although it could be part of
the probs i had with resetting staff groups, never managed to find
out which did what).

so far for me the following work: shift accis (not 100%, but it never
was); align dynamics; tremolos worked well in 2010, haven't tested
yet in 2012.

let us know whcih ones you had probs with!!!