Lee wrote:
Maybe the "Fit Music" facility built into Finale will work for you.  You can
find it under the "Utilities" menu, or "Mass Mover" for older version of
Finale.

Ahh, *that* Fit Music!

Actually, I don't use that one because it doesn't do what Tobias's does. With
his you can select, say, 100 measures and tell the plugin to spread that music
over 13 systems, or 15 systems, or whatever. It'll do that, and space it evenly
across the given systems.

The beauty of it is that it doesn't matter if measures have lots of notes or
few notes: it'll all be evenly spaced across systems. With the built-in Finale
Fit Measures you have to pick a number of measures per line and go with that --
which is problematic if some measures have, say, 16 16th notes and some have
whole notes.

My problem with TGTools recently is that it hasn't always spaced evenly across
the systems like it was supposed to (going back to 2011). That was my initial
query.

Andrew