I wish I could help more.. but it's something to do with embedded fonts. 
I never have trouble with Preview but often have trouble with Adobe. 
I just reopen it and sooner or later it works. 

Steve P. 

On 28 Aug 2012, at 16:21, Allen Cohen <[email protected]> wrote:

> I am using Finale 2011 on Mac OS 10.5.8. Forgive me if this is a stupid 
> question--I'm not even sure if it's a Finale problem. 
> 
> 
> I am editing a large orchestral score, and every few days I make a PDF copy 
> for reference. In the past two days, the PDF has suddenly been showing up 
> wrong in Preview - hash marks in place of whole rests, gibberish signs (the 
> Dal Segno, for instance) appearing in weird places. It also prints that way. 
> I hadn't changed any settings or preferences, or downloaded anything new. 
> 
> 
> I just downloaded the latest version of Adobe Reader and in Reader the score 
> looks fine and prints fine. But I hate Reader and far prefer Preview. Can 
> anyone give me a fix or a reason for this?
> 
> 
> Allen
> _______________________________________________
> Finale mailing list
> [email protected]
> http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale

_______________________________________________
Finale mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale

Reply via email to