If you feel the need to introduce your students to Eszett, then please 
with the correct pronoun: **das** Eszett.

Howard


On 20.09.2012 22:14, Steven Larsen wrote:
> "Mässig" is just fine. More often than not, it'll appear that way in print.
> But you should introduce them to 'der Eszett' so that, if they do run into
> it they don't think it's a 'b'.
>
> Steve Larsen
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Ryan [mailto:[email protected]]
> Sent: Wednesday, September 19, 2012 4:44 PM
> To: [email protected]
> Subject: [Finale] OT: current German spelling
>
> I know there have been some changes in German spelling conventions recently,
> but I'm not certain of the specifics.
> Is "Mäßig" still correct? Is "Mässig" incorrect?
> I'm trying to introduce some German terms to my younger students, but I'd
> rather not introduce a new letter like "ß" if I don't need to.
> Thanks!
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Finale mailing list
> [email protected]
> http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale
>

-- 
Howard Weiner
[email protected]
http://howard-weiner.de/

A backward poet writes inverse

_______________________________________________
Finale mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale

Reply via email to