Hello Andrew,

I've been working with QuicKeys in Mountain Lion and it works as expected.
If you use the Toolbars then you will have problems but that really is the
only thing not working properly, at least in all of my workflows. I have
lots of complicated scripts in Finale and lots that work between Finale,
InDesign, and Acrobat, I have had zero problems. Chuck's comment that
QuicKeys doesn't work in Mountain Lion is the first time I've ever heard
that. It's just that a few parts (not significant IMO) of the app are not
compatible with the OS but those FEW items all have workarounds. There is
nothing wrong with QK in Lion or Mountain Lion except it's just not
"completely" compatible. If I were to compare QuicKeys to Finale I would
say that Finale has more workarounds, bugs, and compatibility problems in
it than QuicKeys does with Mountain Lion and is more of a cause for
concern than QuicKeys should be. You should be fine using QuicKeys in
Mountain Lion but that's easy to discover for yourself.

I talked with a rep from QK and it sounded like they are currently in
development of the next release even without their head programmer. It's
not dead, they just had a serious setback but are ramping back up.

I've tried Keyboard Meastro and iKey and they are just not as powerful. If
I'm forced to move to them because QuicKeys REALLY does not work then I
will have to move but I see no reason now since all of my shortcuts I've
had forever are working perfectly.

BTW: QuicKeys' compatiblity issues are nowhere near as severe as Quicken's
problems. 

Steve

On 9/30/12 1:03 AM, "Andrew Levin" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Hello, everyone,
>
>I'm finally considering moving up to Mac OS 10.8, Mountain Lion. But as I
>peruse RoaringApps for application compatibility I'm very hesitant to
>take the plunge. Filemaker 11, SplashID Safe, iWeb, Band-in-a-Box, and
>Bamboo (Wacom) all note problems, and Appigo's ToDo and JABMenu are
>questionable. And now I've read that Quickeys is not entirely compatible.
>
>I don't mean to start a platform discussion. For now I'd like to know if
>anyone using Quickeys with Mountain Lion is having any problems. I'm
>assuming that Finale 2012c is working just fine with the new OS.
>
>(Argh! I finally found my Quicken replacement, and now this).
>
>Thanks!
>
>Andrew Levin
>_______________________________________________
>Finale mailing list
>[email protected]
>http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale


_______________________________________________
Finale mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale

Reply via email to